Dr Yuk-Ping TAI
MB BS (Lond)
Specialty: General Surgery
About Dr YP Tai
Dr YP Tai is a General Surgeon specialising in surgical treatments of chest, lung, oesophagus and conditions related to the abdomen.
Dr Tai has particular experiences in minimally invasive video-assisted thoracoscopic (VAT) procedures, a technique that he has pioneered in Hong Kong. He is also interested in other forms of minimally invasive procedures, such as laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendicectomy and hernia repair.
Dr Tai has wide experiences in all aspects of general surgery from the treatment of haemorrhoids to the treatment of oesophageal cancers. He is also experienced in endoscopy, including bronchoscopy, gastroscopy and colonoscopy.
Dr Tai was qualified as a general surgeon since 1982. After years of working in UK and Netherland, he decided to continue his practices in Hong Kong. He joined Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Hospital in 1990. Dr Tai further was appointed as Consultant Surgeon at Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital from 1995-2010, taking care of general and thoracic surgery, before leaving the public sector to join Asia Medial Specialists as a dedicated surgeon.
Dr Tai is very active in teaching: he is an Honorary Clinical Associate Professor at both The University of Hong Kong and The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Dr Tai, who is based in Hong Kong, is also a visiting consultant at Eur Am International Medical Center in Guangzhou.
Recent Publications & Presentations
- Yang GP, Tang CN, Siu WT, Ha JP, Tai YP, Li MK.. Diaphragmatic hernia: an uncommon cause of dyspepsia. JSLS. 2005 Jul-Sep;9(3):352-5.
- Lui PCW, Ng WK, Yam LYC, Wong WWC, Tai YP. Pyothorax-associated B-cell lymphoma. Hong Kong Med J. 2002;8:359-62
- Mak SK, Nyunt K, Wong PN, Lo KY, Tong GM, Tai YP, Wong AK. Long-term follow-up of thoracoscopic pleurodesis for hydrothorax complicating peritoneal dialysis. Ann Thorac Surg. 2002 Jul;74(1):218-21.
- Mak SK, Chan MW, Tai YP, Wong PN, Lee KF, Fung LH, Wong AK. Thoracoscopic pleurodesis for massive hydrothorax complicating CAPD. Perit Dial Int. 1996 Jul-Aug;16(4):421-3.
- Tai YP, Lee MWM, Li MKW. Thoracoscopic sympathectomy for palmar hyperhidrosis: Hong Kong early experience. Hong Kong Medical Journal. 96; 2(3): 315-8.